Tuesday 8 December 2009

Gothic film - 4th december - the day of the filming

Today was the day we were going to start to film our Gothic films. We had an introduction to the cameras by Sara and Chris (the cameraman) until 11 and learned a lot about how to achieve different affects and different ways to use the camera to our benefit. At 11 o'clock we were allowed to prepare and set off to our first location. Preparing for us was just me getting into costume this consisted of, a red dress, a black top hat fascinator and lots of black eyeliner. Our first location was at Walcott street steps. At this location we took three shots of me running up and down the stairs and also an alternative shot of me walking past a decorative wall. Sara taught us a lot about direction and also a lot about how to position the camera to achieve the best possible shot.

We then went to our second location alone, this was Laura place fountain. At this location I was going to sit on the side of the fountain and look around for my lost love. During the setting up of the scene Daisy came up with the idea that I sit on top of the fountain to make me look more ghost like. It would make me look more ghost like because I am able to get into wierd and wonderful locations and positions. This was my favourite shot to do but also at the same time was very embarrassing.

Our third location was at Helting close near Bath spa. At this location we filmed two of our shots. this was the hardest shot to film as it was a shot of me and my long lost love in the past together. Jack played the man in the scene and we found it hard to connect and look like a proper couple in the shot. We ended up doing the shot about 6 times to try and achieve a believable shot. Another problem we had were the cars in the background as it had to be made to look authentic and past like.

Our final location of the day was the tunnel at the railway station. We had to sign in and then we were free to use the tunnel as much as we liked. The shot was just a shot of me running through the tunnel looking for my love. We encountered a couple of problems during the filming of this shot. The first was the fact that the tunnel was very dark and because it was at 3.30 in the afternoon the street lights were on which created a very orangey background light. This is definitely a problem for our group as we had to make sure there was no red or orange colours in our shot. This may become problem when we edit our film later on.

1 comment:

  1. A good account of the day although you should try to record how you solved problems that arose or how you might solve them in the future.

    ReplyDelete