Friday 22 January 2010

Editing our film and the processes - 15th Jan

Today we continued to refine our rough edit. I reviewed what had achieved last week and added different affects to our scenes. The first scene, at Helting Close, has been slowed down to 80% to add atmosphere. Other scenes which I have slowed down are when I am running through The Royal Crescent and the last half of the last scene which takes place in Southgate. I feel that these were the right moments to use the slowing down movements to create an atmosphere of longing. This affect also makes the audience pay more attention to the scenes which, I feel, are better quality. I also shaved down some of the scenes to make them flow better and begin and end at better points. To do this I just clicked on the beginning or end of each scene in the timeline sequence box and dragged it left or right to make it shorter. Overall the rough editing has gone really well and I have learned a lot about different techniques to edit film.

1 comment: