Friday 8 January 2010

Friday 8th jan

Today we are roughly editing our Gothic film in Final cut pro. We began by importing the folder with our film in it into the program. Once we had done this we watched our shots back and decided individually what parts of the films we wanted in our own personal edits. To do this I watched through each shot and once I had decided on what part I wanted, I used the shortcuts on the keyboard (I for in and O for out) to choose the parts I felt had worked best to put in our final piece. After doing this I had a rough edit of the film in order. This is called a rough cut. We haven't done any of the editing properly yet as this is just a rough draft. Other editing we have planned to do is to make it Black and White with a vibrant Red dress for our only colour. We will also edit the speed of some of the shots and put a piece of piano music over the top.

The order of the shots are;
  • Hetling Close
  • Hetling close 2
  • Railway tunnel
  • Paragon steps
  • Laura place
  • The Circus
  • Royal Cresent
  • Suthgate

1 comment:

  1. Some screen shots showing the basic editing process would be helpful here.

    ReplyDelete